First Congregational Church Of Wyandotte
98 Superior Blvd. at First St. Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
Key Statements of Our Church and Faith
Our Church Covenant
Our Church Covenant is the Covenant of the Salem Church adopted in 1629 which is as follows:
- "We covenant with the Lord and one with another and do bind ourselves in the presence of God to walk together in all his ways, according as he is pleased to reveal himself unto us in his blessed word of truth."
Our Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith is the Statement of Faith adopted by the General Synod of the United Church of Christ in 1959. This statement expresses our faith and doctrinal attitude.
- We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father, and to his deeds we testify:
- He calls the worlds into being, creates man in his own image and sets before him the ways of life and death.
- He seeks in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.
- He judges men and nations by his righteous will declared through prophets and apostles.
- In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Lord, he has come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death and reconciling the world to himself.
- He bestows upon us his Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the Church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful people of all ages, tongues, and races.
- He calls us into his Church to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be his servants in the service of men, to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ's baptism and eat at his table, to join him in his passion and victory.
- He promises to all who trust him forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, his presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in his kingdom which has no end.
- Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto him. Amen.
Our Purpose Statement
- The purpose of this church is to bring people to Jesus Christ and membership in his family, develop them to Christ-like-maturity, and equip them for ministry in the church, and their mission in the world, in order to magnify God's name.
Our Membership Covenant
Having received Christ as my Lord and Savior, or having been baptized as a public symbol of my faith, and being in agreement with the statements, strategy, and structure of First Congregational Church of Wyandotte, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with this church family. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members to do the following:
- I will protect the unity of my church by acting in love toward other members, by refusing to gossip, by supporting the elected leaders and by reconciling conflict.
- I will share the responsibility of my church by praying for its growth, by inviting the unchurched to attend, and by warmly welcoming those who visit.
- I will serve in the ministry of my church by discovering and using my gifts and talents, by being prepared by my pastor to serve, and by developing a servant's heart.
- I will support the testimony of my church by attending faithfully, by living a godly life, and by giving financial support regularly.
Worship & Sunday School
98 Superior Blvd. at First St.
Wyandotte, MI 48192
Sundays at 10:30 am.
You can see the latest edition of the Koinonia - our monthly newsletter - by clicking here.
Some Additional Useful Links
- United Church of Christ National
- Michigan Conference UCC
- Detroit Metropolitan Association
- Still Speaking Daily Devotional
- Our Facebook Page
Constitution & Bylaws
You can read and review our Constitution & Bylaws, which were amended on April 8, 2018, by clicking here.